F R I END – Friend to the END.
All of us want a friend who will be there until the end. The one we pinky swore, to tell the truth on everything in our lives.
Our first friends when we were young, we think will be our friends forever. Yet, today some of those friends we don’t even know where they are, let alone still call them a friend.
Friends come and go through our lives. Some we call friends, but a better description would be an acquaintance. Friends are those who will accept us for who we are and take us the way God made us. They will be there to listen, comfort during sad times, and laugh during good times.
All my life I’ve wanted the best of the best - Best Friend! It’s something I’ve searched for, dreamt of and desired. This quest has made me evaluate my continual yearning and search for this best friend. So, I’ve asked myself, ‘what is important to qualify as a best friend?
- Good Listener - ears open, mouth closed
- Honest – tells the truth
- Positive – focused on strengths, not weaknesses
- Integrity - do what they say
- Don’t Keep Score – not in a contest
- There For You – through thick and thin
How about God as a best friend? When we feel like we need a ‘best friend’ fix how about trying to turn to God. God is always there, silently waiting for us. Waiting and ready to fill all those important qualities we look for in a friend.
- He will be there until the bitter end.
- He wants to spend as much time as we need or want with Him.
- He never puts a time allotment on us.
- He does so many special things for us, they’re called blessings. They come in big and small packages. Sometimes we don’t even notice them until someone else reminds us that they are from God.
- Little things: like helping us find our lost keys, figuring out what to make for supper every night or knowing what special things to do for someone else.
- Big things: like giving us a tax return, preventing us from having car accidents, keeping us healthy and keeping our children from harm.
He reminds us that we are loved and when we allow Him – He is our VERY BEST FRIEND!!!